1.06.2011

Spring Snowflakes
(Written 2010 0404)

I tried to catch spring snowflakes for you today
Held air in my lungs, as though not breathing
Would decrease my temperature from ninety-eight point six
And allow me to sidle up, undetected, and capture wild frozen water for you

Thunder rumbled through the skies last week, lightning flashed mute
But I still tried to catch spring snowflakes for you today
I wanted you to see, how each crystal is a unique representation
Three dimensional model of the thistle-down labyrinths of love

I tried to catch spring snowflakes for you today
But their structure proved as ephemeral as love
Melted on contact, persist only in recollection
Tiny freckles of glistening water on my skin
Blown into time by tempestuous winds

2 comments:

hadjare said...

This was also well written. I think the next time it snows I am going to imagine each snowflake to be a manifestation of someone's love.

velma said...

i loved this perfectly formed snowflake.